Services Principes Trucs Contact
25 Writing Tips
- Start the project without preconceived ideas.
- Know the recipient’s profile.
- Be aware of the technical terms favoured by the recipient.
- Familiarize yourself with the countries targeted, and write accordingly.
- Master your subject or seek the help of an expert.
- Ask questions, while being respectful of the expert’s time.
- Don’t reinvent the wheel when adequate documentation exists and is available.
- Record or film the experts to avoid bothering them unnecessarily.
- Use simple words.
- Verify the precise meaning of words and avoid double entendres.
- Favour short, simply-structured sentences.
- Avoid writing in the passive, and use action verbs whenever possible.
- Limit paragraphs to between 3 and 5 sentences.
- Construct paragraphs using sentences that contribute to the paragraph’s main idea.
- Keep a consistent style when compiling lists.
- Let your content steal the show, and enhance it using graphics.
- Eliminate redundancies by replacing texts with images whenever possible.
- Use numbers or bullets with enumerated lists.
- Subdivide a procedure if it exceeds 7 steps.
- Revise, revise, and revise: comprehension first, style second, and language last but not least.
- Have the content approved before proofreading the text.
- Ensure that a proofreader edits your text.
- Cultivate systematic doubt.
- Use electronic proofreaders, but stay vigilant.
- Remove all superfluous information and keep pruning!
Contact us about our services: email@example.com